OPENING FOR EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEY
Employment opportunity for an experienced, smart, passionate attorney who is committed to social justice. Strong Advocates is a plaintiffs’-side employment and civil rights law office. Our primary area of practice is representing employees in FEHA discrimination cases, with a focus on representing victims of sexual harassment. In addition to FEHA claims, we represent clients in whistleblower claims as well as wage and hour cases. We also provide free know-your-rights education and outreach to non-profit and community groups.
As an attorney with Strong Advocates, you will take a leadership role in a variety of tasks. Your primary tasks include:
- Screen and communicate with clients and witnesses;
- Draft complaints and mediation briefs;
- Handle written discovery and discovery disputes;
- Conduct legal research;
- Draft and oppose legal briefs including MSJs;
- Take and defend depositions;
- Participate in mediation and settlement negotiations;
- Edit and write blog posts;
- Create know-your-rights videos; among others.
- Participation in trial is available for skilled attorneys.
The attorney will receive support in participating in CELA, CAALA and LACBA conferences and events, along with other outreach and networking events.
- Two years of experience practicing California employment law is required. More is preferred.
- Passion and demonstrated commitment to civil rights and social justice.
- Excellent references.
- Legal writing samples.
- Phone interview, then in-person interview.
- Spanish-speaking a plus.
We offer a competitive salary package, with substantial performance bonuses.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.