OPENING FOR EMPLOYMENT LITIGATION ATTORNEY
Strong Advocates is a non-profit, plaintiffs’-side employment and civil rights law office in Los Angeles. Our primary area of practice is representing employees in FEHA discrimination cases, with a focus on representing victims of sexual harassment and disability discrimination. We also provide free know-your-rights education and outreach to non-profit and community groups.
As an attorney with Strong Advocates, you will take a leadership role in a variety of tasks. Your primary tasks include:
- Screen and communicate with clients and witnesses;
- Draft complaints and mediation briefs;
- Handle written discovery and discovery disputes;
- Conduct legal research;
- Draft and oppose legal briefs including MSJs;
- Take and defend depositions;
- Participate in mediation and settlement negotiations;
- Participate in trial.
The attorney will receive support in participating in California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA), Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), or the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) conferences and events, along with other outreach and networking events.
- Two years employment litigation experience plus two other years experience in civil litigation. Thus, passed the bar no sooner than 2015.
- Must have taken case to jury verdict.
- Trial experience and motion practice.
- Passion and demonstrated commitment to civil rights and social justice.
- Excellent references.
- Legal writing samples.
- Phone interview, then in-person interview.
- Spanish-speaking a plus.
- Must be barred in California.
We offer a competitive salary package, with substantial performance bonuses. Flexible schedule and location available.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.